Here at Apprising Ministries I’ve been talking to you about the hue and cry for unity, and this at the expense of proper Biblical doctrine, that’s currently going on within apostatizing evangelicalism. As you might imagine, this has been leading to some rather bizarre happenings and syncretism.
For example, we have the quasi-Reformed Francis Chan standing in the cultic International House of Prayer (IHOP) of the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) and telling us he sees “a lot of great things going on” there. Chan would also emphatically declare how much he loves its founder, NAR “Apostle/Prophet” Mike Bickle.1
Then there’s the SBC’s multi-site megachurch prophet-pastor Rick Warren endorsing Catholics Come Home2 and appearing on the influential Roman Catholic television network EWTN calling apostate Pope Francis “our Pope” and telling us he’s a “perfect example” and “doing everything right.”3
Since Warren’s mentor for his doctrinal dissertation was the spiritual wingnut C. Peter Wagner, a Grand Poobah “Apostle” of the NAR, we weren’t all that surprised to see Rick Warren share the podium with the NAR’s Rev. Samuel Rodriguez at the Thrive onference earlier this month.4 More on Rodriguez in a moment.
For now, let me point you to the following tweet the other day from The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention (ERLC],5 which informed us:
The link in the tweet takes us to a registration page for the upcoming event Hobby Lobby and the Future of Religious Liberty to be put on by the SBC’s ERLC Monday June 9, 2014 where we’re told:
As you can see, this takes place right after Rick Warren as Keynote Speaker for SBC’s Pastors Conference, which also features the aforementioned Francis Chan and James MacDonald, co-host of the ignominious Elephant Room (ER) conferences along with New Calvinist Mark Driscoll.6
At the ERLC website we’re further introduced to the:
Confirmed panelists for “Hobby Lobby and the Future of Religious Liberty” [which] include:
Russell D. Moore, President, Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention
Rick Warren, Pastor, Saddleback Church and author of “The Purpose Driven Life”
Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, President, National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
David Platt, Author, “Radical” and pastor of The Church at Brook Hills (source)
Russell Moore worked closely with Dr. Al Mohler “as provost and dean of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary,”7 and you might remember that David Platt was in the original ER1 with Seeker Driven prophet-pastors like Steven Furtick and his mentor Perry Noble.
Then the SBC’s Baptist Press (BP)8 also adds:
Slated Tuesday: “Questions & Ethics Live” with Moore and Matt Chandler at 5 p.m. fielding key theology, ministry and cultural questions in the Baltimore Hilton in the Holiday Ballroom 1/2/3 on Level 2. (source)
You may recall that Matt Chandler was also in ER1 along with David Platt and we also note that on March 28, 2012 Chandler would succeed Mark Driscoll9 as the new president of the Emerging Church group known as Acts29 Church Planting Network,10 which Driscoll co-founded.11
president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference (NHCLC), the nation’s largest Christian Hispanic organization representing more than 40,000 churches,… He is an Assemblies of God Ordained Minister since the age of 23. Rodriguez also serves as Senior Pastor of New Season Christian Worship Center in Sacramento, CA (source)
Rodriguez is also pastor at New Season Christian Worship Center (NSCWC) along with his wife pastrix “Rev.” Eva, who’s said to be “Church Planter, Preacher and Motivator,” as apparently “Eva Rodriguez stands recognized as one of America’s Preeminent Christian leaders.”13
We also find that in obedience to a “prophecy” NSCWC’s Associate Pastrix “Rev.” Phyllis Towles was installed by Samuel Rodriguez himself:
Pastor Phyllis Towles was licensed for ministry in 1995 and became an ordained evangelist in 2002. Pastor Phyllis has been with New Season CWC since 1999, and was installed to the office of Associate Pastor in 2012 by Rev. Samuel Rodriguez thus fulfilling a prophecy spoken over her in 1999.
Her pastoral oversight at New Season CWC includes leadership development and discipleship… (source)
Rev. Samuel Rodriguez has also been a member of the so-called International Coalition of Apostles, now known as International Coalition of Apostolic Leaders (ICAL):
Current membership of the ICAL now appears to be restricted to ICAL members. However, if you didn’t know, the ICAL “was conceived in Singapore in 1999 by a group of international apostles.” You may have been unaware there even is such a thing; but sadly, there is.14
Now let’s consider that a few years ago in The Coalescing of the Christian Right with Apostolic Dominionism Dr. Orrel Steincamp informed us that Rodriguez is himself “a passionate speaker/orator…[who] heads Wagner’s National Christian Hispanic Leadership Council.”15
Steincamp then brings out how Rodriguez had:
also been invited to the Freedom Federation Summit at Liberty University April 15. Speaking earlier at a Rick Joyner’s Oak Initiative gathering at Fort Mill, with great emphasis, Rodriguez rallied the crowd asserting that the Oak Initiative, [NAR “Aosptle” Rick] Joyner’s political action group, is “the New Jerusalem and also Washington DC.
We will mobilize for cultural reformation, not just engagement. We will not be held hostage by a donkey or an elephant.” How better to express the Dominion Mandate. (source)
You need to be aware of all of this because, as you’ll hear in the following exclusive video clip from the talk referenced above by Dr. Steincamp, 1) Samuel Rodriguez has been a board member of this dominionist Oak Initative group of NAR “Apostle” Rick Joyner16 and 2) it reveals that they’re aggressively targeting your young:
In closing this, for now, we do wish to make sure that we note how in 2011—likely as merely damage control—the Oak Initiative Confirms Resignation of Co-Founder and Vice President Samuel Rodriguez; and further, that Rodriguez has been known to downplay his involvement with the NAR cult:
Although Rodriguez tries not to flaunt it, he cannot hide the fact that he is a leader in the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR), a movement that is transforming historic Pentecostalism and is playing an outsized role in American politics by building networks that span across denominations and churches. (source)
But if Samuel Rodriguez truly has repented of his close ties to the dominionism17 of the NAR then he’ll need to publicly repudiate e.g. things like his strong endorsement of another false NAR “Apostle/Prophet” Lou Engle and his TheCall Sacramento, which was held at the CA state capital on September 3-4, 2010:
And finally, let me tell you that the following comes from a message entitled “The Breakout Kings,” which Samuel Rodriguez delivered at the 2012 ManPower conference.18 You may already know that this event is put on annually by the nefarious Word Faith prosperity preacher T.D. Jakes.
Watch now as Rodriguez pays his homage to the heretical Jakes and tells him that the 40,000 church strong NHCLC of Samuel Rodriguez is “honored to partner” with Jakes:
Then, after you view the following, you’ll know why Rodriguez is quick to partner with T.D. Jakes, himself a veteran of ER2. For you see, Rev. Samuel Rodriguez sounds an awful lot like Jakes as he preaches the very same, centered on the self, Word Faith prosperity-type nonsense that his approving hero does:
Best keep an eye out because as the visible Christian church moves further away from its mission to preach the Gospel and to make disciples of Christ Jesus (cf. Matthew 28:16-20), and as the United States becomes more and more secular, the fight for faith-based freedoms is very likely to produce some really strange bedfellows.
- DR. MICHAEL BROWN SAYS FRIENDS MIKE BICKLE AND LOU ENGLE “TRUE MEN OF GOD”
- A SECOND PENTECOST: IS THERE THE HOPE OF AN END-TIME REPEAT OF PENTECOST?!
- MIKE BICKLE AND HIS INTERNATIONAL HOUSE OF PRAYER
- You can see a video clip of it for yourself in Francis Chan declares, “I love Mike Bickle” of IHOP. ↩
- I previously discussed this program designed to bring people into the Roman Catholic Church as well as documented Rick Warren’s endorsement of it in Rick Warren endorsing Catholics Come Home ↩
- Warren’s nauseating appearance can be seen here in Rick Warren on Roman Catholic EWTN Network. ↩
- I gave you the details of the conference and introduced you further to Rodriguez in Rick Warren and Rev. Samuel Rodriguez together at Thrive Conference. ↩
- http://erlc.com/erlc/about/, accessed 5/29/14. ↩
- I’ve also told you before that these ER conferences have since been the source of what appears to me to be a new emerging self-appointed Evangelical Ecumenical Magisterium (EEM). This EEM is comprised of multi-site megachurch prophet-pastors who participated in ER as well as some of those who pioneered this Seeker Driven phenomenon such as Rick Warren and Craig Groeschel. ↩
- http://www.russellmoore.com/about-2/, accessed 5/29/14. ↩
- BP was “[f]ormed in 1946 by the Southern Baptist Convention, and supported with Cooperative Program funds”: http://www.bpnews.net/AboutUs.asp, accessed 5/29/14. ↩
- http://www.acts29network.org/acts-29-blog/a-note-on-some-transitions/, accessed 5/29/14. ↩
- I showed you the connections with the Emerging Church aka the Emergent Church previously in Mark Driscoll, Acts 29 Network & The Emerging Church where you will see Acts 29 VP Darrin Patrick himself detail it for you. ↩
- http://marshill.com/pastors/mark-driscoll, accessed 5/29/14. ↩
- (http://nhclc.org/rev-samuel-rodriguez/, accessed 5/29/14. ↩
- http://newseasoncwcchurch.com/about-us/3804-2/, accessed 5/29/14 ↩
- You can learn more about ICAL here: http://www.coalitionofapostles.com/about-ical/, accessed 5/29/14. ↩
- http://herescope.blogspot.com/2010/04/coalescing-of-christian-right-with.html. accessed 5/29/14. ↩
- http://www.talk2action.org/story/2011/9/21/01935/7353, accessed 5/29/14. ↩
- For more in-depth coverage of this dastardly doctrine I refer you to What is Dominionism? From that article, we find that a good working definition of dominionism would be: The belief that we (mankind) have a mandate to build the “kingdom of God” on earth, restoring paradise, by progressively and supernaturally transforming ourselves and all societal institutions, through subduing and ruling the earth by whatever means possible, including using technology, science and psycho-social engineering; and then and only then will a “Christ” manifest his presence on earth ↩
- http://www.manpowerconference.org/allaccess/, accessed 5/29/14. ↩